PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I/V A/D
Thread: I/V A/D
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 01:52
Lock n' Load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The urge to say "language, Timothy" is strong....
Rather than telling us what our duty is, how about you read what I actually said about the logistics of giving you a service? I was just as helpful as everyone else in the Scottish TMA when I worked there, but as you say yourself, Class D is open to VFRs WHEN TRAFFIC PERMITS. I, along with everyone else in PH and PF, bent over backwards to give a clearance to everyone who asked for one and it was only when requested by the tower controller (or having seen that he/she had too much traffic) that I occasionally held VFRs at the control zone boundary.
If you happen to be VFR at FL85, busy IFR traffic simply will not permit your presence. As I said, and you ignored, you need a clearance from Scottish even though the traffic in your way is under Edinburgh's control.
If you want a good service without overloading controllers and causing multiple phonecalls which distract from control duties, do what the majority do. Fly at or below the base of the TMA where the base is 5,500 ft then request a service from Edinburgh through the Class E.
You asked for an explanation and I gave you one.