PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woomera Bias
Thread: Woomera Bias
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2002, 01:41
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

There is a very significant difference between the Ansett events of 1989 and 2001/2002.

In 1989 the '89ers democratically elected to terminate their employment.

In September 2001 and again in February 2002, the Ansett staff lost their jobs due to circumstances totally and entirely beyond their control.

No parallel exists between the two occurrances.

I am sympathetic to the '89ers in that they felt they were forced to make the decision they did. I am very sympathetic to the present Ansett staff.

I have been posting to PPRuNe since the original Board in 1998 (or thereabouts). In that time I have not detected any Moderator bias either way, to 89ers, from a succession of Moderators, including Towers, the Chief Pilot, the Kelly Gang etc or more recently, Woomera. If anything, I suspect both Woomera and Towers have some sympathy, or at least tollerance, for '89ers.

Indeed, there have been times I feel they have been remarkably lenient when personal attacks have been made in '89 threads or unrelated threads have been hijacked by the '89 topic.

In 1988 I made a decision to terminate my then employment in a manner not dissimilar to the action taken by '89ers. That decision affected my career for a decade, cost me dearly and may have ultimately affected the careers of many of my friends. Like the '89ers, it was a personal decision I made and I don't need to harp on about it!

Many '89ers post to PPRuNe, some of whom I know or have identified. It seems only the vocal very small minority "push the point" beyond reasonable grounds.

My opinion, to which I am democratically entitled.

[ 01 March 2002: Message edited by: Torres ]</p>