PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff a happy man....
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 22:16
Calligula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The argument 'you QF blokes never do anything for anyone else so its fair if we undercut you and take your jobs' has always interested me.

I am aware that 'the pope' kept us out of '89. Given what has happened to pilot wages in this country since, maybe that was not a bad thing. The irony being that the current downward spiral had been generated by '89 returnees who have championed b-scales and paying for endorsements.

To those (vor****t ect) who push this line please tell me exactly what you would have AIPA do for you.

Eastern pilots are able to join AIPA if they wish. They are able to access all the resources of the association at a rate significantly less than what a -400 Capt pays (and fair enough too).

Jetstar pilots are able to join AIPA too. At the moment they chose do not do this because I suspect the deal that Oldmeadow is offering is more appealing.

But at some point this will end - someone else wll come along and undercut them and they will know how we all feel.

QF LH wages are the high water mark now. The aim is to get everyone else a payrise - not to drag us down.

I repeat my eariler question - give me a list of specific things you want help with and I will tell you if AIPA can help or not.

Otherwise, sour grapes will not help bring your T & C's up to the level they should be at.

The EBA result is a disgrace. But Dixon and Mannings threats and the rumour and innuendo surrounding the ARG had the desired effect on the membership. Its now up to the ARG to see what it can do over the next 12 months for EBA 8 before the new IR legislation blows everyone out of the water