PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 18:58
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazzy

Great write up. We are both now at that stage where everything is done bar the time served and the GFT. Here we go, weather permitting.

I notice you didn't state that you made any use of the 'student PPL on QXC' radio calls - I found them most useful ;-)

Your call to London Information is interesting. I've never contacted them, and never seen any of my *eight* instructors do so. Only time I've seen it in use was when I was flying cross channel and we were in no mans land so it was the right thing to do.

I need to build a couple more hours solo and so am planning a trip to 'bimble' around. One of the options was to venture to the 'dark side' i.e. west of the Pennines. I looked at Blackpool in detail on my chart and noticed that Warton MATZ is pretty close. Do you find that usually clearance is given or do you fly around via Blackburn / Clitheroe?

The WX doesn't look so promising this weekend so I'll probably continue my planned route around the Lincolnshire and Yorkshire areas, but if there is a spectacular clear day you might see me over your side of the hills.