PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - combined threads
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 22:13
corklad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out to me "TheOddOne" useful information is always good on this site, and i humbly admit i was wrong to you about the state of on going upgrades, i stand corrected. Lets hope those airports get their upgrades ready before the locals protest about longer/extra runways. "panda-k-bear" you really are silly monkey arent you! you must go to sleep with a little airbus teedybear at night. embraer is a great company with great planes, even the royal air force uses embraer aircraft (tucano). are you now suggesting the RAF are idiots too?? do any of you guys actually read the scripts or just see stuff that isnt there?? i never said I wanted to fly the Embraer, though i wouldnt mind doing so. i've been in the BA ERj and enjoyed it, also US Airways Express Er170 and it was a really smooth ride. I'd never turn the oppertunity to fly a new plane whether it was made in brazil or russia, but hey thats just me. the point i was making was that all the hype over the A380 is just that hype...its not proven and its yet to fly for a single airline. and yes its all subsidised with EU tax money, therefore if the plane is flop it wont hurt airbus one little bit. however, it may turn out to be a really great plane, and id be the first to take my hat off to airbus if it does so. its not nearly as attractive as say the a340 in my opinion, but as i said earlier i certainly wouldnt turn down a shot flying it.

i was also trying to say that im totally sick and tired of reading anti american nonsense from the same people in every other thread these days. some how its become acceptable on pprune to bash americans at every oppertunity but you wouldnt dare go on in the same way about blacks or jews or muslims in the same manner. its really quite sad and pathetic and its amazing how the moderators let it slide.

Now on to the other part of the topic. ryaniar, however terrible they appear, is, i say, is, going to rule europe in the next 10yrs. they'll force squeesy-jet outta the market, mark my words. they are opening more routes and buying more planes and under-cutting all their competition year after year! just because you dont like someone doesn't mean they arent going to beat you. and as you obviously figured out i dont fly for ryanair or write their sop's (though i did find that comment funny i have to admit). they are ruthless and for the most part efficient and keep getting away with it, year after year. easyjet in terms of service are no better. ryanair are blunt and direct with it, take it or leave it is their attitude, where else will you get a one euro flight. easyjet's spotty faced teenagers just smile and shrugg their shoulders and pretend its not their fault. its like dealing with vicki pollards at their ticket counter "no but, yeah but"!! anyway, im sure there will be plenty of come back of how wrong i am. so go for it.