PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be advised, RUNWAY SURFACE IS WET ;19L
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 11:39
Engine Noise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is difficult to understand is why they keep on blaming pilots for landing without atc clearance!! For example, after the associated airline incidence, the avaition ministry immediately blamed the pilot for landing without permission.

I want to understand how it is like for pilots to be landing without permission as being claimed by the avaition authorities?Is it possible??i dont think so.And at such instances, why do the Nigerian Pilots always keep quiet and allow the press and the avaition officilas give them bad names.It is quite sad that as soon as an incidence occurs, the avition minister and regulatory authorities quickly blame the pilot and airline without conducting any thorough investigation.Is silence the best answer to.. at these particular instances? Definitely not!

Look at the case of bellview 's ELT. NEMA has been publishing statements that the airlines in nigeria are using the 12...MHZ which is now out of use and that they have since asked airlines to upgrade thieir own to which they have refused to comply with.But from my own knowledge, the transmitters are still usable till sometime between 2008-2009. I m not sure of the year that FAR AIM 2006 stated but it is between now and 2008 or 2009. So why is NEMA making so much noise when even the USA have not phased out the 121.MHZ ELT. I think they are trying to save face! And sadly, no pilot or airline has come out to give a strong refuttal and put the facts straight.

However, does the message "be advised runway surface is wet" means that u should not land?

Things are really funny and saddening in our dear country.I have been training at a small town called sebastian, in florida and i am always amazed that the the airport,has four active runways.But back home, our major international airport has only one or two active runways that are always wet!!Of course i am not trying to make comparisons with US and Nigeria in generic terms, but i believe when it comes to aviation, the standards should match.