PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be advised, RUNWAY SURFACE IS WET ;19L
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 09:48
enijose1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Be advised, RUNWAY SURFACE IS WET ;19L

I really don't understand what these controllers mean when they say "be advised, runway surface is wet". its either they are giving the press and other non-pilot aviation minister and management wrong info, that it means you should not land. I learnt the press is claiming Assocciated A irline was advised not to land, but did other wise, made a bad landing then cracked his nose wheel, but as we know, the nose wheel had a problem after landing. They ve said the same thing when Chanchangi overran the runway. Pls does anyone else have a different meaning to the term " cleared to land, exercise caution,(be advise, )runway surface is wet". I am really losing my patience with them, especially all this their merry go-round vectors in the name of inbound international flights.
Did anyone realise that ATC Radar does not work on weekends? is the true the controller claimed he lost Radar contact with Bellview 3 minutes after take off?

I read something today about an F50 captain flying into Amsterdam and was coplaining about the vector Radar gave him.
Capt F50: wow, where am i going, i ve never seen this part of Holland before.
ATC Radar: well if you don\'t shut up, you will be seeing part of Germany!
(for real). I have actually seen Ibadan on my way to Lagos from PortHarcourt and believe me, it was not due to weather. (Ray Darr!)