PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq murder trial charges dropped
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2005, 08:52
RedTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maple01
You missed a bit redtop - surely the Guardian journo isn't deliberately twisting the facts to suit his/her agenda and leaving out the inconvenient bits........
In fairness to the Guardian journo, the piece from which I quoted, was taken from early on in the trial before the Iraqi 'witnesses' had been cross-examined (06/09 I think?).

And, yes, you are right, the witness confessions did 'wobble' the prosecution's case......just a tad, though.

But when all this dies down, and I hope us in the media let it happen quickly for the sake of the lads still out there, the Paras have to be sat down in a quiet room and told that if they are going to dish out a bit of street justice again they should do it in the privacy of their own homes.

They should also be reminded of the two golden rules of the South African police circa 1972.....never touch the face........and he tripped down the stairs M'Lud.

Kind regards,

Bile

PS- Apologies for being a real technophobe, but if I want to quote other posters in my replies on this forum, how do I lift them? At the mo, and don't laugh, I'm typing them out word for word which is a bit of a drag.

Data Lynx,

You said:

"Hey ORAC, did you ever get an answer about Gilbert Blades?

Don\'t know him so is/was he military aircrew? If not, why gift this thread to Red Top?"

Explain???

Kind regards,

Dribble

Apologies for that last post.......

Data Lynx,

You said:

"Hey ORAC, did you ever get an answer about Gilbert Blades?

Don\'t know him so is/was he military aircrew? If not, why gift this thread to Red Top?"

Explain???

Kind regards,

Dribble