PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chavez - give us parts or we give Castro F-16s
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 21:12
g126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, a bit of an understatement there, I meant the number of them.

And it is exactly that, landmines are one of the horrors of modern warfare, and for the US to supply six million to Iraq is questionable, to say the least.

Ok, maybe this is my fault. My fault for laying the blame initially at the feet of America. As both myself and others have said it is many different nations that are to blame for arms sales, and as Brickhistory said:

"(BTW, I am not slamming BAe or other companies for selling arms, or the UK, for that matter, there's always a demand....)"

It's true that these countries will sale arms to anyone who will buy them, and believe it or not I'm not a 'conshy' or a ‘lefty’ or anything like that. It just saddens and angers me to see US/British/Western Weapons being used against their own men. And I suppose that is just one of those things we have to except in today's globalised world.

However, it has to be said that if the USA does not want it's secrets (and whether the F16 is still secret is another story) to be revealed to it's enemies then it needs to be more careful who it sells them to.