PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chavez - give us parts or we give Castro F-16s
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 19:33
brickhistory

Tongue in cheek, right?!

quotes:

But they see the chance to make a profit and to hell with what ever happens in five or ten years. The UK sells a lot of arms, why do we not see this issue.....

Or maybe we just don't hear about when our weapons get pointed against us.

I still think that they could be a little more selective as to who they sell to and if they are not willing to do this then maybe they shouldn't be policing the world as much as they do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

g126,

So BAe, et al, are in the milk and cookies business? (BTW, I am not slamming BAe or other companies for selling arms, or the UK, for that matter, there's always a demand....)

So your history books of UK intervention in Borneo, Indonesia, Muscat/Oman, various African countries, etc. etc. are exactly examples of what?

When it was the UK's turn at bat as a superpower, your governments did the same things and caught the same flak from the less-enamored with things British world during the 19th and early 20th century. For now, we're it. Probably within my lifetime, it'll be the Chinese. Being American does not inherently = bad. Just the reality of, for now, being the biggest kid on the block. Wish we did some things better, but it still amazes me how the countries that hate us still keep trying to get their citizens in.......

Now, to get back on thread - Chavez, posturing little simp. South American governments have a way of sorting themselves out with or without US government and/or corporate intervention. A/B models of F-16s aren't exactly state of the art anymore.....