PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chavez - give us parts or we give Castro F-16s
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 18:24
g126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not mention anything about race, so please don't bring that into it. And as I said, we are not beyond blame, by any stretch of the imagination. Ok, being sporting I will add this before someone uses against me, the UK has provided training to many rogue nations including Iraq and Argentina pre-Falklands. So yes, we are still at fault. So why is it the Americans seem to come a cropper? Maybe they get into more scuffles than we do?

But if you take the Saudi's as your example and the Iraqi's as mine, then which one is really more likely to turn?

And the same in Afganistan where the USA provided arms to terrorists who they knew were anti-American at the time. The arms business its self I think is a seperate discussion and one that could fill many pages, but returning to my point I still think that they could be a little more selective as to who they sell to and if they are not willing to do this then maybe they shouldn't be policing the world as much as they do.

And pr00ne, yes this is true, but I was referring to the items like the Stinger missiles that the Americans were rather keen to re-aquire after the Russian-Afghan war. I shudder to think what damage could be done to one of our harriers out there.

Last edited by g126; 3rd Nov 2005 at 18:42.