PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpleasant Pax comments!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 10:54
DELTABOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unpleasant Pax comments!

I was recently talking to a cabin crew friend of mine who has been flying for many years now. We were discussing how on some flights you can feel like a punch bag for pax to direct nasty & sometimes hurtful/cruel comments at. One incident she explained was how a middle aged well presented woman turned on her when she demanded an alcoholic beverage as the crew were serving breakfast. She explained that she would serve her drink as soon as she got back to the galley, to which the woman replied it would be too late by then & wanted to be served immediately. As my friend moved away the woman turned to her husband & said quite clearly & deliberatley so she could be heard,"Common little tart, no doubt off of some council estate" Another incident she said a man called her a 'Weirdo' because she asked him if someone was sitting in an empty seat next to him (who may have gone into the washrooms) during a head count!
I can also remember male cabin crew collegues having a hard time with pax shouting out 'bender' or 'gay boy'.
I sometimes wonder if these really are isolated comments or are pax getting more out spoken & think they can say what they like these days.
Has anyone else had similar incidents which they would like to share?