PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swakopmund, Namibia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2005, 07:54
I.R.PIRATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MysticFlyer, well said, cannot agree with you more.
Sexual chocolate, I really do wish you luck, however one has to understand us rooting for the local side. This exact line of thread has been bashed over and over on this site, and you will find lots of great arguments, for..and against it, because as we are all aware, aviation is a global game, and no one can lay claim to it, even in their own home countries. Its just tht the market for young pilots in Southern Africa is so saturated, and even worse....there are hundreds and hundreds of youngsters who have begged borrowed and god forbid, even waitered to make their dream of holding a pilot's licence true. Now with no animosity to anyone in the world, I do believe that the grass roots aviation in a country, should belong to the youngsters of said country. The airlines belong to the world, and I honestly have no problem with people flying for airlines that do not belong to their own countries, but the flying in which one actually learns to be a pilot, should belong to the youngsters who live there. Where else will they find the answers. Just one question, I always see lots of Ozmates, and Kiwi's flying around in Africa. What is the market for young pilots like in Oz or NZ, and how would the locals feel if the African youth were to come and look for jobs there? That is if they were even ALLOWED to come and look for flying work down there.

PS: I heard a " RUMOUR " that the SACAA is soon going to disallow validations, with foreign pilots having to complete the full licence to be entitled to fly ZS-registered machines. I heard there is a six month grace period for current validation holders, and then ALL validations will be scrapped.

Can anyone refute these rumours?? It sure will have quite an impact on many pilots lives.

But finally I still wish you luck Choclate, as you are still a member of the great brotherhood of the sky.