PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 22:45
westozflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sydney s/h

why am I angry at Shorthaul crew? Geez, I dont know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that shorthaul crew voted for an EBA that shut down the Perth Longhaul base. You made yourselves cheaper so we got shut. Undercut by you, I have had to make the choice of taking much lower wages [oh and on a 'b' scale bands system] or take my kids out of school and move them east. I have made my decision. Oh and your carry on about not taking crap from ex-long haul perth? Dream on, I have taken it to many a real manager [ read; not a domestic purser] and survived, I have seen a lot of how domestic pursers run cabins of late.The ones I have seen are not fit to operate an international sector. You people should have thought about what you were getting into before you voted to take our flying.From what I have seen domestic crew cant really manage it. I will run rings around your pursers, and they seriously wont know what's hit them.Have you ever wondered why domestic pursers are paid less than longhaul managers [and supervisors!]maybe cause you are not as skilled?What are you gonna do? stand me down?delay a flight over it?Sorry, domestic crew are so at the beck and call of management, I think most would rather tuck their tails between their legs than cause a delay.I look forward to the challenge, and no I dont give a toss if I end up in that quasi-manager's office, who gets fired in this company, particularly for pointing out how bad the domestic crew provide an international service? Jam it! Oh and I look forward to flying with you too, I love making fools of pursers!

Oh and Ozcabincrew, I will do what I wish in regards to bidding, do the long sectors when I want, and the occasional HKG and SIN when I need a rest and shopping, I have my choice of everything - how's your seniority going?

Last edited by westozflyer; 2nd Nov 2005 at 22:58.