PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 18:30
Happyeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Samson. Your post is an interesting one. I'm a student PPL at Newcastle and I can honestly say that it is a massive improvement on what was there previously. They took the 'good' bits and added to them. The FI's are first class, friendly, helpful and generally nice people. I have found Neil and Lynda to be professional, hard working, welcoming people who go out of their way to make newcomers and members feel at home. They do need help and to be honest, their 'helpers' are also assets to the business. I have not seen or heard anyone having a problem that could not be solved and solved in a pleasant way.

There are only so many aircraft and keeping the FI's employed and aircraft flying are the priorities. Northumbria Flying School needs to make a profit and does seem to keep the aircraft flying most of the 'flyable' hours. Having said that with the weather recently, there has been aircraft sitting on the apron a lot. Anyone with an IMC or not bothered about taking off in 'peak rate' time (for landings) could have used a aeroplane. As the Club grows, maybe more aircraft will be introduced. A Cessna sits regularly on the asphalt, a new addition to the fleet. Have you sopken to Neil about his plans for the future of the Club? I must admit that I haven't.

I do agree with your assessment of the quality of the food at Wings though. I took the family there a month or so ago and although edible, it wasn't what I'd describe as good. Perhaps a visit from a well known, mad Chef would make a difference? The Wings Bar is a nice place to meet and chat though and the people running it do seem to be ok, in my limited experience.