PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 17:19
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJJP

I agree entirely. Particularly in respect to the 6th and 7th lines of your post.

A certain individual is on my 'ignore' list. (Look on HIS profile to select this option!) Unfortunately if you are not logged in, your selection is obviously not activated. Which is how I came, by accident, to read a certain posting.

Others, perhaps new to this thread, MAY in their ignorance (nothing personal!) be influenced by this 'odd' poster! I felt obliged to respond. It wont happen again I promise (not least because I will endeavour to continuing ignoring him!)

Just to emphasise:

1) Physical evidence is available from the moment of impact, which the AAIB have used to produce a 'snap shot' of THAT instant.

2) The aircraft manufacturer (independent???) has produced more than one computer model (earlier ones being discredited) to 'simulate' the final 2.8 secs of flight, in order to determine a 'possible' profile for that brief period.

3) Two snippets of information, recovered from the aircraft's navigation system, and used only in it's ongoing calculations, were employed in an attempt to recreate a 3 dimensional profile of the aircraft's final 40 secs or so. This from a piece of equipment described by it's manufacturer as "never being designed to provide historical data!

This is the ONLY information upon which 2 air marshalls are able to state with "ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER" that they know what caused this tragic accident.

And presumably the ONLY information upon which anybody can base the assertion that:

"It was 'ESTABLISHED' that the a/c had been in cruise climb in the latter part of its approach to the Mull"

Forgive me for being 'picky'!!!!