PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 14:31
glidingmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Am not sure of how much mess PB has made, but take my word, it was ceratainly not without the help of JVJ! As I said, he got the boot from South African Airways. If you need info, get hold of SAALPA. They have some good goss on him...

As I have previsouly said, have a think abot the french pilot unions and the AF route to squeeze an thorough audit. You also code share with Air India. The Indian pilots association would be another useful route.

With ref to "Fatigue Avoidance MRU-CPT-MRU" and a 1 hour extension on teh Flight Time Limits

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that Air Mauritius is not CAP 371 compliant. We use the CAP 371 as guidelines to produce our Flight and Duty Scheme as required by the Civil Aviation Regulations 1986, Chapter 7 section 58. I wish to mention as well that we do not operate under the authority of the UK CAA and that our regulatory body is the Department of Civil Aviation of Mauritius.
Sure Mr DFO. Lets ask what the SA authorities would lthink about you playing in their airspace with that kind of approach and attitude...

Let the SA CAA ask a few questions as to the basis of this change. Enough monkey business. Give them a heads up guys.

Chief Directorate Civil Aviation Authority
The Director General:Transport
Private Bag X193
Pretoria 0001
Republic of South Africa
Phone (27 12) 309 3471
Fax (27 12) 323 7007
[email protected]