PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving Easy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 13:26
Mr Ree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem I and a lot of other people have with ezy Balpa is their idea of what represents a good deal. In my years at ezy every deal placed before the voters has been highly recommended by Balpa. Vote yes is the message always given by Balpa. Great deal etc.

Well, I always voted no, thinking a strong group would vote no for something better to be offered. And yet it's always a yes vote.
Why? Because b*&^*y Balpa recommended it.

It would be great if Balpa had the gumph to say the deal sucks, vote no, and lets get a better one. But they never do, or is it can't do?

Ezy is now a very large outfit, with loads of diverse bases.

The guys based around London live in some of the most expensive parts of the UK, work the longest hours and get paid the same as those in Germany who live in far less expensive real estate. That's the way the dice rolls, fair enough for our German colleagues.

But maybe it's time for individual bases to have their own pilot body/group representing their interests?

Is this legal and practical? I don't know. But it would be nice to have an extra disposable grand a month and not move to Germany to get it.

Let the slating begin.