PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Landing Video
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 12:04
hairyclameater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Thud and Blunder, I'm sure that Charlie Zimmerman's Bo105 display in 1977 was exciting, but most of them (including this one) are not, especially from the crowd line. As helo pilots, we all appreciate the superb flying techniques and skills that go into these displays, but Joe Public usually doesn't. Anyway, in the meantime does this mean we have to wait another 28 years for the next interesting helo display?"

Got to disagree there, with ever increasing distance from crowd line and min altitudes for fixed wing displays, the sight and sound of a big chopper in yer face (ooh er missus) is a definite plus for the screaming hordes, especially at a smaller venue. Merlin is good but wokka is better and the Army Lynx looping and sumersaulting!!? - Its good entertainment.

Charlie Z also won in '83 & '85, a superb display but I'm sure it was lost to the many thousands at IAT with its 10000' crowd line and the tiny size of the '105.

After watching the vid , I now realise what that probe is for - to stop it nosing over- so much for AAR!