PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas in Emirates' flight path
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2005, 00:35
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
Thank you Capt Clarrie, methinks the smilies are not expressive enough.

GB You are quite correct that I have never worked for the Rat however, I was using irony in my little comment there. It is fair to say that I don't have a lot of love for the Rat & "some" of it's employees, but regardless of my opinion of the one's I have little time for, I have even less of an opinion on the general attitude of airline management in this country.

This article is just the tonic for the "Doom n Gloom" merchants to roll out the rhetoric & begin culling in new & interesting ways. I think that they are playing a dangerous game anyway. Not because of safety (which is a legitimate but separate issue) or any of the other previously discussed issues, but they risk reducing the "Oz" content to a point where there can be no legitimate argument for Govt. protection of the company's revenue stream. Imagine if a mob like EK decide to start a domestic carrier here? What right would they have in protecting that lucrative LAX route?

For the staff at the Rat that I do have time for, I hope some common sense prevails in the near future...