PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPA to JAR-OPS 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 21:33
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry!
I'm now on my 3rd read and whilst it goes someway to simplify certain procedures and enhance 'safety' margins - the point I very badly made, obviously, is that it's envisaged that these proposed 'safety' margins will render the current fleet of single and light twins useless if they have the audacity to try and earn a living - as they have been doing, without disaster, for quite a while.

I keep nagging at the Boss to buy a new chopper but I'm stuck with an old 1980's AS355 - so I cannot see how the proposed regulations, as illustrated, will benefit me in doing my job. It will not benefit my passengers as they'll be left on the ground - or do we think that they'll pay for a ride in the more expensive machines on the market.

The remark about the conspiracy and the move to having to operate from 'airfields' was a tongue in cheek reference to other regulations that have been proposed that are aimed to improve security- ring fence security cordon, nominated personnel etc a la regs pertaining to >10Tonne aircraft. Thought the reference would have been enough for the comment to be valid, my mistake as I thought it might have been a hot topic amongst operators - especially now that Oil Rigs are to be called airfields:-)