PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 19:01
westozflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am totally offended by what the three 'stoogesses' who are running the FAAA said in their newsletter

The Perth base closure demonstrates in stark terms what can happen if we as a group refuse to be flexible
In the perth base, we were as flexible as they come.We put up with the bidding system not working [no help form either the FAAA or the company on that issue]. We suggested more dense pattern possibilities [ignored by the company and the FAAA] we allowed the bastardisation of our rosters, with little complaint, and still managed to do our job a hell of a lot better than sydney crew [read the satisfaction from customer surveys].

Good luck to those of you in Perth Shorthaul, we are coming and with a hell of a lot of seniority. Look forward to your Pursers trying to tell us what to do on a HKG ! It will be a laugh [oh and after my last paxing trip on shorthaul crewed flight, get ready for some lessons on how to provide proper service on an international sector!]

I am still trying to work out who shafted us the most; Shorthaul, Management or the Longhaul FAAA. Dont really care, at least I will get to write my rosters in the shorthaul base. And very glad to be getting away from the longhaul FAAA. Good luck to the MEL & BNE longhaul Bases, you will need it, your union cannot comprehend anything outside of Sydney!