PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 17:51
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the fact you fully understand the financial ramifications of the CTC deal, yet refer to it as sponsorship, is interesting. As long as CTC's potential applicants understand it, I guess it really doesn't matter what you call it! However, I have a worry that people expect 'sponsorship' to have the meaning I outlined, and are going to be somewhat disappointed by the reality. But as long as it's fully explained before anyone signs on any dotted line, hopefully my worries are unfounded.

I agree that CTC and OAT are very different animals. I'm less convinced that one is better than the other; it seems to me more a case that one will be more appropriate than the other for each individual - and that other solutions may be more appropriate still. For example, there are many, many wannabes who could never qualify for CTC's scheme simply through age. It is no good telling these guys how wonderful the CTC scheme is when they can't do it!

There's a place for all of the various routes into professional aviation, and none can claim to be better than the others for all wannabes.

Scroggs