PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 1st Nov 2005, 16:26
cfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had hoped this had died, but it hasn't. Recent confrontations in ICN and ANC at the provoking of Polar crews indicate otherwise.

The MEC present and past at Polar (Bobb Henderson now and past Bob Fell previous) has continued a hate campaign against the Atlas crewmembers within our industry.

Despite the fact that the Polar MEC Chair (at that time Bob Fell) was willing to fly mutually agreed upon struck work, Atlas aircraft and customers, in our 11th hour of negotions/countdown to strike, we supported Polar during the 2005 Polar strike despite their complete lack of support for the Atlas crewmembers during our turn in the slot.

We supported Polar 1000% times more than they ever did us. I'm sorry, 1000% times no support from Polar is nothing. So let me say we supported Polar when they never supported us in the past. Figure the math yourselves. Of course they stabbed us in the backs on many other things, but that is besides the point.

After this, they continue a campaign of hate against Atlas crew members for them settling for less than what was offered prior to their strike despite our extra ordinary support. Yeah, I have what was offered before versus what was offered during the strike. More than one guy added it up and you are getting less than what was on the table before the cost of the strike from your paychecks and signing bonuses lost. I guess Chairman Henderson didn't mention that or he is sticking to his line of kick the Atlas pilots for Polar problems.

Here is the cut down version of the Atlas VARS in MP3 for the Polar guys that can't read.

Here it is in in PDF

Here is the Woerth Letter that goes with it.
In PDF

Polar MEC Bobb Henderson even touches on Polars lack of support for Atlas while coveting support for themselves. All while behind the scenes he was/is bad mouthing us to every MEC within ALPA that he could and to his membership. I bet this letter never made it to the Polar membership as it was agreed upon.

In PDF

Last edited by cfire; 8th Nov 2005 at 17:59.