PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 1st Nov 2005, 11:33
Ropey Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the screenshots on the advertising it certainly looks pretty similar!

No links as it is commercial - but google the keyworks listed above and it comes up pretty quickly!

Can you practice hand-eye co-ordination (besides 20 years of ball sports while growing up) I don't know. but given a lot of people will pay £500 or so for a pre-sim slot this looks cheap by comparison!

I would suggest that for anyone applying as a DEP they would already have all the mental and physical tools required for the micropat - but I suppose every little helps (even if it is just self-confidence in the knowledge that you have a pretty good idea what is coming.)

By the way I don't know anyone, pass or fail, who was happy with their performance in the radar screen section! From Human Factors the brain can only hold 6-8 pieces of seperate info (remember that!) 4x directions, 4xdistances and now reverse it - that makes 9 to me - I don't think they are expecting a perfect performance, just making sure you don't go to pieces; mind you that is purely a personal opinion.