PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2005, 11:13
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SN
As I have stated on previous posts, I am aware that contract pilot’s wages will be higher than the permanent ones. I can’t understand why VK will be willing to pay more for Contract pilots, than make it possible for the likes of LTJ and others join up.

Contracts even though they have a fixed period of time, is always renewable. There are a few cases where expatriate contracts have rolled in to decades at the detriment of progression of the locals, is quite frustrating to us. This should only be as a last resort for VK to fall on too. It should only be for a limited time while the relevant government agencies keep an eye on this to prevent abuse. I see it being abused anyway.

By the way there are no more ``jobs for life`` these days be it permanent or contract. I don’t know about you, if I was looking at changing jobs I would be looking for job that paid me more be it anywhere in the world.

In some countries today, the locals are being paid more than contract ones, while enjoying better conditions. There are also many cases where less experience expatriates have come over to Nigeria and are being placed over more experienced locals and paid loads more and even more than they were earning in their home countries. This has not had a destabilised effect on the country so your analogy does not full hold up here, it is only pi$$ing off more people.

So PLEASE let try and be positive about things and hope we locals can be given a chance to contribute to the progress of own country, than always being knocked down by others. I know some people take pleasure in that.

Last edited by Oyindo; 1st Nov 2005 at 11:36.