PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2005, 16:48
chris2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that this is really an open ended questios with know answer. You are better looking at the thread "oxford or OAT?" for the pros and cons.

Both schools offer high quality training, some people may have had problems with the schools but you cant please everyone. IN terms of training it is difficult to compare without going to both schools. The key difference is in how much risk OAT and CTC are willing to take. Someone said rightly CTC customers are the airlines and not the cadet. If CTC takes anyone on the course who fails they will have lost a heck of a lot of time and money. Also if CTC does not deliever good cadets to the partner airlines the airline will pull out and they would lose EVEN MORE MONEY! OAT does not have this risk although they do have a reputation to maintain (espically if theur guys/girls do go to airlines) hence the selection process on the APP scheme.

The only difference to the cadets is job prospects and finance. The job propests are very high with CTC. Oxford also have a good repuatioon for graduates but cannot claim 100% of cadets have been placed. I think because of this more people will be tempted to get a place on the CTC wings scheme before considering other options. Those who dont make it will have to go somewhere and I dont see why OAT is not a bad choice. I think rejects is a much to strong a word when only 2% of applicants get on the CTC scheme does that mean the other 98% are idots - i dont think so. Im sure most of the ones who are didicated enough will make it whichever way they go!

Chris