PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull the pin....
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2005, 16:26
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James, whilst i commend your posting on here i feel that, for such a supposedly experienced journo, you're being somewhat blinkered. (because it might sell?!? or am i just a cynic?)

Whilst i'm sure your contact has his ear firmly on the Leuchars rumour-mill, it's just that - a rumour.
In these cases those rumours can start merely as 'professional' speculation or as something more sinister that could also read "SAC Bloggs denied pax trip so starts rumour to sully name of Sgt who pulled rank to get on said trip" or a million-and-one other possible goings on behind the wire (before you start - i am not even suggesting that that's anything like what happened here , but we all know how rumours can start

If you read back over the various threads on Pprune covering accidents, you'll find them all full of conjecture and seedless rumour, that's the nature of most military types - any RAF Station is no different. You must take it as just that. IMHO reporting any of this would be unprofessional and potentially damaging to those involved in this accident.

It's simple - what sells more:
a. "Two survive F3 crash (but we don't know yet what caused it)
b. "£20M F3 crashes - premature ejection by excited pax"

Wait for the BoI, like the rest of us.

Uncle G

Last edited by Uncle Ginsters; 31st Oct 2005 at 17:26.