PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using electronic devices on board
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2005, 09:22
EGLKFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with F3G on the exit lights on the BA A3xx as I too seem to spend far too much time inside them.

As a humble passenger with PPL, it appears to be that the pre-takeoff checks (taxiing onto the runway) include an item to turn on the emergency exit lights. Shortly after takeoff, just after raising the u/c, turn them off again.

On approach, it's the reverse. Gear down, short pause, exit lights come on. In my own sad little world, it was a useful time to practice the AA-5's downwind checks in my head: [Brakes off], Undercarriage down & welded (as you hear the gear being lowered), Mixture - rich, Fuel pump - on, Fuel contents - good, Altimeter - set, Radio call, T's & P's - green, Hatches & harnesses - secure. You generally get to "secure" as the lights go on and hear the bong. It proved to me that all pilots follow checklists

Like I said, my own sad world, but it helped me remember it for the skills test!

The other thing I had to ask an A3xx FO about were the 3 chirps you hear from the front on short final. That's the autopilot being deselected - he told me that it is "normally" around 1,000'.