PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 30th Oct 2005, 14:18
Rescue 137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I think we should strike asap.
The pay offer is rubbish. Only way to get a better one is to strike!
Then they will listen!"

I seriously hope you are not as naive as this post makes you sound.Management will listen if you strike?.Who really believes that.All that is going to happen is the company will loose money.That is money that could have been ear marked for a pay rise.Every time BA goes on strike then it looses 40 million pound.Dont forget the damage to its reputation! The only reputation that BA has these days is be prepared for them to go on strike.Do you really want Virgin to get the same reputation.All that Striking will do is damage Virgin's reputation and cost it money that could be ear marked for other projects.

Dont get me work-Pay for CC is rubbish and if the public know what you got paid then perhaps you wouldnt get so much **** off them.However all of you went into the job knowing what the pay was and that it would affect your social life but on the other side you get to fly all other the world getting paid for it,staying in some of the nicest hotels and get 7 free flights a year.Im not saying you dont deserve a pay rise-you do! but I think some people should ask themselves why they are doing the job? Is it because its something you always wanted to do or is it for the pay.If its for the pay then get another job as there are far better paid jobs but dont involve the travelling.If its for the travelling and the job then pay isnt everything but as I have said previuosly you do deserve a pay rise but ask yourself this question.If it was the chance of loosing your job and getting a payrise now or keeping your job,Im sure most of you would rather do the job you love than being grounded and stuck in a 9-5 job.