PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving Easy
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2005, 20:53
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Orange -
"CAT3B .. you say life is good in Germany, we know it is. But the rumour is abound that Milan will be under new T&C's ... lets see if that filters backwards to you, and Paris. Will be interesting. remember that most of you guys also are tax free, BIG DIFFERENCE .... you can go Part Time and still be on the same take home as us working our butts off!"

Are you serious??!!! Do you think the guys on our “main land” bases created the tax laws that apply to them??!! Are you jealous? You are more than welcome to move to a new country, a new town and a new life if you want to enjoy the same benefits….right?? I’m sure language will not be a problem as you speak Italian, French or German, right?? Because you don’t seriously think that all pilots in Berlin/Dortmund are German, the pilots in Paris are French and that the guys in Milan will be Italian…?? A lot of people, me included, have left family and friends back home just because we could not get a job or base in the country we come from... Now, I don’t have a wife / kids so for me it’s not bad at all, but imagine for those who have?? It sounds like you are talking about two different companies, competing against each other on T & C’s….Well, WE’RE NOT!!!! This is exactly why we have the crap T & C’s that we have!! Because people only think as long as their nose goes!! We, who are already in the company, should do everything in our power (JOIN BALPA!!) to stop the company from changing to worse (Is that even possible???!!) T & C’s on new bases/for new joiners!!! This includes YOU Flying Orange!! What could you possible get out of the company cutting T & C’s on bases outside UK??? Do you think the company would stop at the bases outside UK if they would succeed??? Well, I’ll be the first to inform you – They would NOT!!! You, and I, would be up next!!!

Having said that I DO agree with the rest in your post...

/CP