PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Management - Poor show
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2005, 16:43
Aviator 1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Airways Management - Poor show

I am starting this thread in the hope that I can get any reaction from any Qatar Management.
This is not aimed at any of Qatar pilots of cabin staff. I have flown quite a few time with Qatar myself and I have only praise for you guys.
However, you decide for yourselves after reading the following:

The following email was send to the AGM QAS and the MCS QAS on the 15th after any attempt to contact them via telephone failed.

"As a Qatar Previlege Club member, I am oblidged to write this email to you as I expected a first class service from an airline like Qatar Airways.

My daughter (a non UAE resident) flew from Cape Town to Dubai via Doha on the 8th. On arrival at 2 am on the 9th in Dubai, it was found that her bag (the only one she had with all her clothes and toiletry) was missing. A complaint was file with DNATA baggage services and file reference DXBQR41972 was received. We were also given 2 telephone numbers, 2161888 and 2161887 (we were told it is Qatar 24hr support number) with the names Naizah and Rassah who would be able to help us locate her bag.
The whole morning of the ninth, I tried calling these numbers. The one was not working and the other was either engaged or it just kept ringing with no reply.
I then email the following to Qatar, which was received but with no reaction:
On phoning Dnata again, I was told that the bag was located and placed on the next flight (QR100) to Dubai.
At about 3.30 pm I received a call from a Qatar driver who told me they had the bag and asked my location. I told him that I was at Abu Dhabi Airport at the time. He then said he will phone me back.
One hour later I phoned him(I now had a mobile ref number) and asked him what was going on. I was told the bag is with "lost properties" in Dubai and that they will send it on the next flight to Abu Dhabi. I got the name of his Supervisor in Dubai.. Mr Panjaooni 0506553631 but on first contact he told me he is busy with "Iftar' and the I must phone him back after 30 minutes.
On visiting Qatar Office at the airport, I was told the bag will arrive in AUH with GF605 landing 11.45 pm. I was given the name of Mr Ansari an told to take up any compensation queries with him the next day.
To make a long story short, I had to drive to the Airport AUH that night at 11.45 and located the bag with Lost properties.

The next day I made contact with MR Ansari (02 5757702) and he told me that they will compensate my daughter with $50.00 but he will phone me back in half an hour. I is now two days later and after two more phone calls, I am still unable to get hold of Mr Ansari, neither did I get any further reaction from Qatar Airways.

I am sure you will agree that this type of support service does not coincide with your company Values.

I trust that I will hear from you soon."

The above email was received by both parties by reply but till today, I got no reaction.

I am sure someone in Qatar Airways will have some authority or contact with the GM to convey this querie.

Personally I am very surprised that I did not even receive a phone call(they have it on the lost baggage report) or an email from anyone in Qatar Airways.