PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2005, 06:59
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andie74,

i am fairly new to Qantas, so therefore i don't have the knowledge of "the good old days", but i still enjoy what i do etc etc etc. What i meant when i said you can't compare it to any other job, i didn't mean someone who is a singer/musician, i meant within the customer service industry, i probably should have said that.

I've forgotten half of what you've written so i can't reply to anything more except, people do love this job as do people love other jobs and it all depends on what you're interested in. Like i wouldn't want to be a singer/musician (only cos i can't sing, lol), just doesn't interest me, probably like your brother wouldn't want to do our job. People have loyalty to the company for different reasons, like i said, the company has made some absolutely stupid decisions that a lot of people disagree with, but people have different opinions on things etc etc so therefore have a different view on what a career can offer. If you're looking for a career in this particular job which is going to resemble the "good old days" then you have the wrong idea, because times are a changing and it's not going to be like the good old days, but like i said it depends on what you're looking for in a career?

anyway, as long as you're enjoying it, doing the job right and having fun, then that's all that counts.