PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying cargo airplanes... opinion, please.
Old 29th Oct 2005, 05:31
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bokomoko;

As someone who flew the B747 freighter for a number of years I can endorse the sentiments of both Blue Eagle and Kapitan M. It always seemed a relaxed and easy going operation, always good makanan (food) when you felt like it and not when some pen pusher in crew admin decided you could have it. Always something different to carry from race horses to gold bullion to containers of whatever. Many is the hour I've settled into a first class seat closest to the bulkhead and with the flight deck door open watched the First Officer get on with it. Without fail this always generated thoughts of " what a great job this is ". Give me freight over foolish passengers with their silly whims and problems every time. If you are offered a position as a freighter pilot then my advice is to grab it . You will be happy and you will enjoy it and one of the reasons for this is because you will be mixing with men who dont care about the gold braid on their shoulders .To them just flying is more important.

Prince of Dzun.

Ps; B747 freighters usually had six or so first class seats on the upper deck for the carriage of positioning crews.