PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR at NFC Weston
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 10:59
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Examiner

You obviously have some experience of Waterford, but why do they advertise time in the sim then? I am going to fly down there in a couple of weeks and check out the whole thing, as there may be some advantages to operating out of a regional airport for the whole shooting match. Accomadation may add to the price, but we will see. The advantage seems to be that you can also fly to Kerry, Cork and Shannon and experience some more realistic environments, and the trips won't be as long as having to fly from Weston each time. They also have a single engine complex for the cpl, which will reduce the cost of the test and the 25hrs training. In EIWT, you can only do your complex hours in the Duchess or a 206 Float plane! Not exactly an advantage under test stress conditions!!! They are making noises about getting a single engine complex so we will see, but if they don't they may well end up bleeding out some students to PTC...like me. Anyway, here I am hijacking the thread, lets get back to IR info...sorry.