PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly Pilots Is your Airline good to work for?
Old 28th Oct 2005, 09:26
bundybear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H n H,
Dont know about basing, but can say the company does try to get you where you want ASAP.
It would appear, in comparison to your current employer, the starting Cpt salary will be lower.
We do have though, PHI, family private medical cover, some interline agreements and IMHO good internal holiday discounts. The PHI in particular, I have been told, is very good and a similiar cover purchased from the High Street would cost £1000's PA.
New starters eventually going on to a defined benifit pension scheme.
Roster stability is very good, with block windows protection on all duties from your home base.
Day off payment for Cpt's £524. Hard to say how many DO payments you could earn. This season I will acheive about 15, declined about the same, probably about the average on the 737 fleet this season. There is a bidding system to sell days off, so the idea is that you still have some control over when you do and don't work.
Morale in my years at BY/TOM has always been good, and despite a hectic summer, still seems to be.
There is a lot of change at the moment with new fleets and expansion, which is always a worry, but all seems positive so far.
Very low staff turn over.

If you do want to move, find a mate in TOM to recommend you, and suposedly your application will then be fast tracked, and when you're checked to line your mate gets a £500 payment!

Hope this helps,
BB