PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR at NFC Weston
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 09:01
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pneumatic Boot

I spend quite a lot of time out in Weston, and am only just starting mod2 of the ATPL's so have yet to do my hourbuilding..still need 50hrs P1, then have my CPL, ME, IR, night rating and MCC to do, so it's a bit away yet. I have therefore no experience of the IR course in Weston, but I do know that the FNPTII, is set up like the Duchess they operate, and that the cost per hour in the sim is approx. 130Eur. The Duchess in which you will do 15hrs or so is 400Eurs ish per hour and that as Dublin and Bal are both not available to shoot an ILS approach, you will have to go to Waterford. I would imagine that the trip there and back would be under IR conditions so that the time would be spend as part of your 15hrs in a multi/IR conditions. Your flight test will probably take you along the same route, but you never know until the day I suppose. I only know that that's what one of the Ir students at NFC told me...he did not however elaborate on the standard of training there. I do believe that the sim is probably the cheapest in Europe, but it's really the standard of training that is most important. I am sure you have contacted them already, but if not, ring Gill at the NFC and ask to talk to Aengus, he is a retired Aer Lingus Captain and teaches on the sim. PTC do include FNPT2 time in their IR of course but don't know if they have one on site, they must do I presume as I can't imagine them sending you someplace else...? Sorry, but that's the best I can do. One last thing, nobody holds your hand at NFC, you are pretty much on your own and you end up driving the training yourself...unlike other schools that may guide you through a set program.
Hope that helps a little bit?

Contact number for NFC is 003531 6282930

Ps PIPERGIRL
You mentioned a school in Florida in a previous post, did you go there to hour build and was it a good school, nice instructors, well maintained ac etc? If you have any info, I would be pleased to hear it as I would much rather go to a school recommended by a student than simply going by the sales pitch!!!