PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced to Leave EK Company Accommodation
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 05:07
flybystring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest is apperently Saud Villas near Dubai Internet City.

Two of the residents were only moved there four months ago when the previous accomodation became too expensive. The compound has twelve on it.

The accomodation department have decided with the backing of management that the limit they will pay for company accomodation is 115,000 Dhs. If your rent is more than that you will be moved, given no or very limited choice to where you move to. Basically there are no villas in Dubai where the rent is less than 115000 Dhs. The big plan would appear tp be to move everybody to a pilot squat called Silicone Oasis. Silicone Oasis has no infrastructure and is 35 km out in the desert. So while your away if your wife does not feel like slitting her wrists now she will do when she has moved in.

The two residents in Saud Villas were lied to by the accomodation department and the management regarding the move to Saud Villas. The company has offered no compensation financially and has little or no intrest in the inconvenience or harm this does to families where children have there friends relocated away etc.

I had heard that one of the families previously had a move for health reasons with raw sewrage being pumped next to the villa. Of course no one gave a **** about the predicament they were in.

Now the accomodation department wont pay over 115,000 Dhs, but there are many three bedroom apartments on the Shk Zayed Road that the rent is now well over 110,000 Dhs occupied by only two or three cabin crew.

So if I am to understand whats happening a junior cabin crew member gets accomodation allowance of 25000 * 3 = 75000 or *2 =50,000.(ie two or three cabin crew per apartment)

So our loving accomodation department are quite willing to suppliment a cabin crew allowance with anywhere between 60,000 to 35,000 Dhs. Or upto 30,000 per member of cabin crew, but at the same time they are willing to shaft the entire pilot population and put them in some desert camp rather than pay an extra 15000. All this when the company is about to announce record profits again.

Of course they have not thought about the social problems of putting 600 pilots on top of one another in the desert only the last little bit of coin. And our spinless managemnet will just sit there continue to take the bonus, bury the head in the sand in the full knowlege that this will be another disaster.

It is because of this very issue my resignation will be getting added to the list of the many others this winter.