PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 27th Oct 2005, 22:30
loobtastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reply to some of the other posts...
I have worked for BA for over 12 years. I feel I am fairly paid for what I do.
Some people on this thread seem to think that the job of Cabin Crew is like the Club Tropicana video from the heady days of Wham!
When our job is good... it's great.
What people in so called "normal" jobs forget is that our airline pays for the fact that we are away (yes, away, not just "at work" but, out of the country, sometimes unable to contact friends and family for long periods of time) for birthdays, weddings , funerals, kid's first days at school, nativity plays, parents evenings etc They pay for our lives.
Our job on the face of it is pretty easy, if very tiring. How many times do you hear a passenger tell you that they have just completed their 3rd longhaul flight this year and, oh.. how tired they are!!!!!
Also, if we did a similar job on the ground, when the sh1t hits the fan you can call the fire brigade, ambulance, police etc. Well, it's just us , isn't it?
Ok, major emergencies don't happen (thankfully) very often, but, we get god knows how many drunks, minor health problems, catering issues ad nauseum...
So, I wish you VS crew all the best in gaining what you deserve. SRB WANTS you to leave after 5 years so he can recruit more attractive keen young staff. He's a businessman... what do you expect?