PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Unsafe ?? I don't think so
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2005, 07:10
classjazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sean1982
Sean,
I come to this post fairly late but going back to your original post - rather than address all of the additional points that have been raised, let me relate my experience with your company.
I retired from my flight deck positin 2 years ago now and now live in southern Europe. I use the low cost airlines quite regularly but will not knowingly use Ryanair again because I do think that their cabin staff leave a lot to be desired.
Last October, I listened to the worst cabin safety briefing that I have ever heard. It was sloppy, out of synch with the spoken commentary and given with no enthusism whatsoever.
This was after I had pointed out to the cabin staff that the seat in front of me would not return to the upright position and yet still was given to a passenger. He spent the whole yourney reclining. My coments were accepted with a shrug of the shoulders. Next I studied the safety card. It was for a different mark of 737 and did not show the correct number of emergency exits.. Again this was brought to the attention of the cabin crew supervisor who looked as me as though I had just landed from the moon.