PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eclipse 500 info
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2005, 00:12
Grunf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, too bad the guys who used to lead aviation are waiting for someone else to "bite the bullit" (i'm not an american, by the way).

Eclipse is a sound project and more or less on track. Loosing a promised engine is a big mishap for everyone and not a startup like them.

If (and I say if) they succeed this will be a very good sign others will follow.

they do break the envelope so far with some new technologies which they certified first (like for example stir welding).

I do not see any airline being capable of bashing someone especially if you are aware that big money is behind them. I do not see UA, LH, BA, AA capable of influencing FAA on ANY issue. Boeing yes but they have no interest in doing that.

As we can see FAA is getting ready for far more little and fast birds in the sky with setting new rules just to accomodate VLJs (and UAVs in the future).

Let's all wait and hope something will come out of Eclipse because without these type of trials no progress can be made.

So far they are the sanes project from all these aspiring VLJs.

Pricewise as someone mentioned they are already nearing their plateau. They will still be cheaper then Mustang and if you check comments comming from Cessna they do not think there is any overlapping on thier targeted market segments. We'll see in about two years if I was right.