PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving Easy
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2005, 20:09
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An endless circular discussion and one that has been done to death over the last 18 months.
Just for the hell of it, my last comment on this topic:

1. No private medical insurance cover.
Agreed
2. A poor pension contribution from the company
Agreed – I said that didn’t I?
3. No interline staff travel arrangement.
Like many others
4. No critical ilness/PHI cover
Agreed
5. The company now aim to Achieve, what was one regarded as a legal yearly limit of 900 hrs. Other airlines pay a premium for anthing over 750 hrs.
Who doesn’t nowadays? (It’s still wrong though!)
6. Regular lengthy 4 sector days with 20 min turnarounds.
EZ Hours limits less than Cap371. Only 3 LGW destinations with 20 min turnrounds (still unachievable!)
7. Loss of bonus for F/O's
Agreed
8. 5 very early starts, between 0455 and 0600. Which most Pilots I know voted against.
Only 2 more than Cap371. Majority voted in favour.
9. No day off payments, even though the company now require Pilots to work anything up 0130hrs into a day off, without even another day off in lieu.
It’s not a requirement, that’s incorrect. Only 5 consecutive FDPs. Much better than the previous (6/3) system which allowed overruns to 0330hrs from day 6 into 7 without compensation of any sort.
10. Loss of one weeks leave, following the fantastic pay deal 2004 which Mr Ree mentioned. This was below RPI. 4% over 18 months equates to 2.66% over 12months.
Contractual annual leave entitlement pre and post agreement are identical. Work already well under way to restore similar combination of delivery of leave and days off as before. You divided 4 by 1.5 and got 2.66. Flawed method I'm afraid and thus not an accurate reflection of what it really is.

Without doubt, there's bucket loads to fix and until it's fixed people will keep leaving. Whether that's in floods or trickles remains to be seen. Let's just hope management wake up and respond appropriately.