PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2005, 15:01
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keg you're usually the voice of reason amongst the drivel but this time I think a few facts are in order.

A 744 captain is flying probably 3+ times the seats of the baby bus and getting WAY LESS than double that of a Jet* captain....closer to 30% more. Yes I have good friends filling both seats....jet* crews demanding double the money for the 330 is just plane dumb.

For those of you whinging about the relative value of longhaul pilots and how someone is doing 900/yr long haul while someone else is only doing 600...and therefore 30% less efficient or comparing long haul to multi sector days of shorthaul...grow up you have no freaking idea of what you speak.

900 hrs a year of longhaul with min rest turn arounds...like a few mates of mine are doing at EK...is SHATTERING! FTLs are limits not targets, that's why it's not FTTs....but if you want to trust yourself to someone who maybe in no fit condition to be at the controls next time you go on holidays and base your travel purely on the cheapest ticket be my guest.

Only a newbie or a complete moron places no price on health, home life and job satisfaction in his employment or employees....given GD's age I guess he, and most CEOs and beancounters, fall in the latter category...they understand the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

The QF pilot group, the Jetstar pilot group and the VB pilot group and on infinitum are inseperable...each group has it's share of the broad spectrum of abilities and personalities...one group though...even the good guys there...deep down inside think they're better than all the rest....when you have it thoroughly worked out in your brains that it is NOT so you may have a fighting chance of uniting for everyone's betterment...until then you all deserve the abject derision that GD no doubt treats you with.

You are fools....allowing yourself to be distracted from the important goals by GD and his team....GD must go nearly spastic with hysterical laughter when the subject of pilot unity comes up.