PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 26th Oct 2005, 09:08
nutcracker43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm amazed at the broadness of support for this Dr who has suddenly decided that the war is illegal and therefore does not wish to serve. Well, that was jolly thoughtful of him and so self induldent too. What a wonderful bunch we are having decided, with 20/20 hindsight of course, that the war was illegal.

Whether one in today's military voted for Tony Blair, or even like him, is totally irrelevant. One does not pledge one's support on the basis of personally liking someone. I personally do not for one minute, believ that the decision to go to war was taken lightly (even Bill and Hillary thought it was justified). To all the people here who have hinted that the war was illegal, and yet continue to serve, are you yourselves not guilty of supporting an illegal war and therfore culpable. To them I should like to say: put up or shut up.

This talk of putting him up against a stake is nonsense and we all know it, however he does not have my support and I do not have any sympathy for his views, or those of others who support him.
It's a bit like leaving a scene of an accident because the patient did something thought to be illegal.