PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My time is up...
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2001, 05:29
Wheelbarrow

OHBOY
It makes me sad to see someone so upset about life the universe and everything....
A wise person once told me "you get what you settle for".
This may sound a bit harsh but if you think about it its about figuring out what you want. If you want to be a pilot BE ONE!!
You may end up doing all sorts of other unrellated things(and hey, heaps of them will only seem exciting in retrospect)- on the way there but life is about the journey not the destination!!
( I know this because I have just spent a 20 year detour myself) I can safely say that apart from learning heaps of stuff about my fellow human beings and seeing things and places I never thought of, that when my detour finaly comes to an end (and it will because all things do)-
Victory will be that much better for it.

Tell youself you are a pilot That you are still a pilot when working in Woolies or Macca,s or whatever Keep your eye on the main game and eventualy it will happen. It may not be how/when or why you thought it would but hey how many great things happen whe you least expect them.

I am not a pilot I didnt have the money to finish even, my private liscence and anyway I have another calling ( not religous either although it feels like it sometimes).

So get a grip mate!!! get out there, and dont give up because you WILL get what you settled for and you might not want it.

Mrs Whellbarrow (as opposed to himself)