PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My time is up...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 10:45
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys just because you have few hours and may be ageing you do not definatley give up. There are operators that will put you on with low time and yes you will do it tough for a year or so but its what you make of it. Email Compressor Stall just as an example of one who has done his time and progressed. I can count around 5 that I have known in my time who started out in the sticks and have made the white rat or cx. Don't expect to be handed a job on a silver platter. You can expect to be treated like sh*t by too many potential employers when you walk in the front door but grit your teeth and bear it. I look at it like an apprenticship or maybe a medical degree.
Take the medical degree min 6 years of uni and then you get a chance to play. Aviation 2 years of training 4 years of GA and then hopefully where you want to be. It is simple, it is your choice but it is not a hard choice. Pick what you want to do and do it. I remember feeling exactly like you describe about 9 years ago in Cairns - I thought I had cracked a job with 230 hours only to turn up for the check flight after passing an interview to be told I didn't meet the insurance requirements for the aircraft..... Yes it hurts yes you feel like sh*t but thats life, build a bridge - get over it.

Most of all GOOD LUCK IN WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO.