PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My time is up...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2001, 17:25
Northern Chique

PPRuNe's Paramedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Ohboy, sure youre having a rough time at present and as much as I loved flying I quit due to circumstances beyond my control. I now have a different role in life and one that is totally rewarding for other reasons. I am far from being a failure to myself or others. PLEASE email me as I recognise some of those words in your last post.

Age is no big deal as I can attest to. I did well in the industry for a few years. Now I fly purely for fun when I can. Sometimes a person looses track of a much larger picture.

Sure, flying is one of the most gratifying occupations I know, but there is life outside flying. Yesterday at work I delivered a baby, saved a life, extracated two people from single vehicle accidents, went to the horse races (best seat is the white truck with the red crossed stripes and red flashing lights!) and in every case it was a team effort. You cant keep running alone, you lose focus and your need a support network.

I have every reason in the world to have no faith in anyone or anything, Im still alive, still having fun and still most importantly have found a way of keeping the big picture happening.

Hheehehee HA from where I sit now being carried out on a stretcher isnt the way to go. Those stretchers are not in the least bit comfortable and the trauma ward in Darwin is a bit crowded these days.

There are a hundred ways of winning a fight although some of them are not as obvious as others. Its just a rethink of strategy.

Email me OB
NC

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: northern_chique ]