PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving Easy
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 19:43
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhat 'off thread' but......

The TRSS scheme itself has nothing to do with Balpa. How on earth could it be stopped by the CC?

Balpa never introduced the scheme.
Balpa never endorsed the scheme.

It's there because the company introduced it a few years ago and people signed up and paid for it.

As long as guys joining are prepared to sign up to such a scheme, and it remains legal, without 100% backing from 100% of the pilot workforce, options to counter it are someone less than extremely limited.

The CC does try and help 'police' the scheme (as it has done recently with all the hype about the AHC payment element) and all that data has been made available to Bapa members.

Look very carefully at BA and Virgin and you will see more than 90% of their pilots are members of Balpa. That's exatly how you get control over such issues. It's an old argument but it's true.

Furthermore, as far as I know, there aren't any 'special lists' for MXP, neither are there any 'special terms and conditions' which is why there is no debate or comment. The only thing that has been announced I believe is that there will be some sort of 'bidding window' for transfer applicants - that's it.

I would strongly suggest that if you have any fact about management plans to introduce degraded Ts and Cs at MXP - or any other base for that matter- you make those facts known to the CC ASAP rather just posting a vague runour on PPrune.

If such rumours turn out to be true (and I hope they are not!) then the CC will, without doubt, respond appropriately but they cannot act on the basis of a rumour.