PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you get a Permit to work as a helicopter pilot in America?
Old 25th Oct 2005, 19:09
rotorboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The job market is real good if you have some experience, as there will alwys be a shortage of experienced guys . It doesnt matter if it is flying in the mtns, swinging bags, stacking drills, or flying IFR offshore. If you are good at what you do , can get along with other (80% of any flying job) you will never not have work ( or people pounding down the door).

A 1000hr guy w/ and IR will alwys be able to get employment in the GOM unless he cant do the 80% thing....

At the moment there is a bit of mineral and oil fever in North America. A guy who has astar time with proficent production and precision longline skills, is busier than he wants.

I really want to take some time off this winter, ski, ride my motorcycle to Mexico, travel, chase college girls, drink whiskey, but with the carrot of cash dangleing in out in front its proving difficult.

Yeah Steve76 right, you poms would be nuts to want to work down here. You would be much better to go hash it out in Canada with the job thieveing Kiwi's

RB
Hey Blender, could I get my Mexican Citizenship out fo the deal! She wasnt in the pokey for axeing her ex was she?