PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Annex 6 Amendment Proposal Flt Ops Officer/Flęght Dispatchers
Old 25th Oct 2005, 14:51
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bacardi walla.
Good points raised!

As to the GA element of your post, I don't know!
As to the provision of Flight Planning and on the day Operations Control Services, then I believe these staff would fall into the requirments.

Having 'slept on it', the problem is not quite as awful as I originally thought. The Operator Specific element training and subsequent check/test is going to be a cost both in time and for both the service provider and operator money, but is NOT insurmountable.

The only real problem is the FAM requirement Which in some cases is going to be a logsitical nightmare, getting staff to an operators route station, doing the FAM and then getting them back. Plus as Service Providers tend (not always) to be used by smaller operators and include operators with 'small' aircraft
This could result in a Person by arrangement arriving for their FAM only to discover that for Operational reasons they cannot do the Flight Arranged due Operational problems (no pun intended).
Which if you have just travelled several hundred miles, is not just disappointing, but from your companies viewpoint expensive waste of time and an exercise that has to be repeated.

Worse still an exercise that needs to be done for each operator!
But I suspect there would be some accommdation within any regulation and if there isn't, then it would have be factored into costs of staff and contracts with operators!
DIH

Seaton Approach.
Whilst in the UK we have UKOMA for the Operations Managers, I can see your point as regards a Professional Association for Certified Operations Staff and indeed the general thread of your arguement.

Purely for personal reasons, whilst not totally anti, the idea of Unions being involved in any Profession does not give me a good feeling.
DIH